HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2015 ALL-MARINE MEN'S RUGBY SEVENS TRIAL CAMP
Date Signed: 5/5/2015
MARADMINS Active Number: 233/15
R 060010Z MAY 15
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2015 ALL-MARINE MEN'S RUGBY SEVENS TRIAL CAMP//
POC/J. MEDLEY/CIV/MFS/-/TEL: 703-784-5779/TEL: DSN 278-5779/TEL: FAX 703-784-4125/EMAIL: MEDLEYJ@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
1. HQMC SEMPER FIT (MFS) IS SEEKING APPLICATIONS FROM ACTIVE DUTY MARINES INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING ON THE 2015 ALL-MARINE MEN'S SEVENS RUGBY TEAM. THE ALL-MARINE MEN'S RUGBY SEVENS TRAINING CAMP WILL BE HELD 4-12 AUG, 2015 IN GLENDALE, CO. THE ARMED FORCES MEN'S RUGBY SEVENS CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE HELD 13-16 AUG, 2015 ALSO IN GLENDALE, CO.
2. INTERESTED MARINES MUST SUBMIT A SPORTS APPLICATION TO HQMC SEMPER FIT (MFS) NLT 09 JUNE 2015.
3. APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT LOCAL SEMPER FIT ATHLETIC OFFICES OR ONLINE AT WWW.USMC-MCCS.ORG/SPORTS.
4. APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN THEIR ENTIRETY. THE MARINE MUST BE A USA RUGBY CERTIFIED INDIVIDUAL PERSONNEL PLAYER (CIPP) AND REFERENCE THEIR NUMBER ON THE APPLICATION (AVAILABLE AT WWW.USARUGBY.ORG). APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN COMMAND ENDORSEMENT STATING MARINE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND ALL EVENTS IF SELECTED. MARINES STATIONED AT A COMMAND WITH A LOCAL MCCS SEMPER FIT MUST OBTAIN THE LOCAL SEMPER FIT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR'S ENDORSEMENT AND SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS THROUGH THE SEMPER FIT ATHLETIC OFFICE. MARINES STATIONED AT A LOCATION WITHOUT A LOCAL MCCS, MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO HQMC SEMPER FIT (MFS) VIA THEIR CHAIN OF COMMAND. APPLICATIONS MAY BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO MCCSSPORTSAPPS@USMC-MCCS.ORG OR FAXED TO 703-784-4125.
5. IF SELECTED, MARINES MUST HAVE A GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD, AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO USE OR ESTABLISH DTS FOR TRAVEL.
6. FUNDING FOR THIS EVENT IS AVAILABLE TO ACTIVE DUTY MARINES ONLY.
7. RELEASE AUTHORIZED BY BGEN R. A. C. SANBORN, DIRECTOR, MARINE AND FAMILY PROGRAMS DIVISIONS.//
Liversedge Field, Harry Agganis Field and the Intramural Field located at the Field House Sports Complex are undergoing extensive repairs.
Fields will be unavailable from time to time as sections of the artificial fields are replaced.
Please adhere to posted signs as they are posted and stay off the fields. Ignoring these requests will only prolong the process and cause more damage.
Intramural Sports are offered for unit level participation. Units are notified when an organizational meeting will be conducted for each sport. Unit representatives attend these meetings and then form teams within their command. Individuals interested in participating in Intramural Sports should contact their unit Sergeant Major or Command Master Chief. If your unit does not have a team involved in the sport you wish to participate in, you may participate with another unit team within your Major Command. (Division, Base, MLG, MEF).
Official Team Rosters and Letter of Intent forms can be picked up and turned in to the Sports Office located in Goettge Memorial Field House. Letters of Intent must contain Command endorsement.
The league is open to all Active Duty Military, Retirees, Family Members, and Authorized DoD Civilian Employees age 18+ aboard MCB Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River.
2015 Registration Dates
Camp Lejeune: Aug 12-21
New River: Jul 15-24
Bldg 751, Goettge Memorial Field House | 910-451-3762
|Mon - Fri||0800-1600|
|For Holiday Hours, click here.|
Bldg AS-4000 | 910-449-5844
Sept 26 | 9 AM | Goettge Memorial Field House, Lejeune