We will provide updates whenever possible, but things are improving daily.
Last Updated at 8:00 AM 10/15/2018
The following MCCS facilities remain closed with expectation that the closure is long-term:
• Area 1 Gym
• HEROZ Sports Bar/The Ball Center
• Onslow Beach: All access and activities are closed. No reservations will be accepted through 2018.
• Stone Bay Recreation Center (Firehouse VI)
• Camp Geiger Marine Mart and Barber Shop
The following MCCS facility remains closed in the short term:
• Area 2 Fitness Center
Modified hours of operation/locations/capabilities for MCCS facilities:
• Gottschalk Marina is open for limited business, currently located next door, at Outdoor Adventures.
• Premium and Diesel fuel available at Berkeley Manor Marine Mart. Regular fuel is still out of service.
• Paradise Point Golf Course and Duffers’ Retreat are open. The Scarlet Course (Par 68) sustained some storm damage; hole #8 sustained water damage, which is slowly evaporating, making that hole a Par 3. The Gold Course is open for regular play and the 24 handicap rule is waived.
• New River Marina boat ramp is closed due to damage from the hurricane; no boat slips are available. Additionally, only kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, and sailboats (no motorized power boats) are available for rent at this time.
If you return to your on or off base residence and discover it to be uninhabitable, authorized personnel with base access may check in with a representative from the base at 910-451-0849 to request shelter on base.